What is Sex Addiction?
Addiction need not always involve destructive behaviours like consuming alcohol or drugs. Sometimes, even a generally healthy activity can become an obsession, intruding into one’s other daily tasks. Sex addiction is one such pattern that requires immediate and intensive care and rectification.
WHO defines compulsive sexual disorder or sex addiction as characterized by a persistent pattern of failure to control intense, repetitive sexual impulses or urges, resulting in repetitive sexual behaviour.
Sex addiction, also called hypersexuality, may be defined as an individual’s excessive sexual arousal and need to continually engage in sexual behaviours – including watching an excessive amount of pornography, being involved with multiple sexual partners, overuse of sex chat systems etc. Although sex addiction at its most extreme form can lead to the individual’s total disregard for other significant responsibilities in life, proper and timely sex rehab and sex addiction programs can help one to work around his/her addiction effectively.
At Safe House, we understand that compulsive sexual disorder may be characterized by one or more of the following symptoms:
- Severe emotional distress or trauma
- Fear of being abandoned
- Risk-taking and destructive behaviours
- A compulsive need to gain access to sexual activities and/or sexually-explicit material
- A disregard for the other essential aspects of life
- Inability to establish healthy emotional relationships
The Way Ahead With Safe House
As a sex addict rehab, Safe House is a safe and positive environment for individuals with dealing with the addiction of different natures. Sex addiction can be a dark, intimidating and disorienting reality for individuals grappling with the condition. Being surrounded by non-judgemental and caring individuals can provide comfort, solace and motivation. Moreover, our facility offers comprehensive sex addiction programs, including:
- Group therapy sessions
- Behaviour-focused sessions based on psychologically proven approaches such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- A safe, conscious and positive environment with all the necessary comforts and facilities
- A systematic effort to balance out the excessive sexual needs with other meaningful activities and relationships
- 1-on-1 sessions with licensed psychologists and master therapists.
- Medical detox under close supervision
- Family therapy sessions to establish a conducive home environment
- Psychiatric assessments, diagnosis and treatment planning as required
- Alternative relaxation strategies like Yoga and meditation.
The main focus of Safe House’s sex rehab is an empathetic, systematic and positive approach towards a healthier and better-adjusted life. We understand that every individual is unique even while each one requires support and a sense of belongingness. Thus, our sex addiction programs strike the perfect balance between individual attention and group therapies.
Fostering hope for a better tomorrow is the first step to overcoming sex addiction. Let us work together towards establishing a happier, healthier and emotionally balanced future!