Our Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Program
Welcome to Safe House Wellness Retreat, the leading rehab in Delhi. We combine a variety of therapies, such as yoga, with principles based on the Twelve Steps. We focus on personalised care, as well as the prevention of relapse. Our program consists of the following:
- 1-on-1 sessions with a licensed psychologist or master therapist
- Supervised, medical detox
- Medical assessment and case management
- Psychiatric assessment, treatment, and medication management
- Clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning
- Aftercare planning
- Relapse prevention
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Meditation Workshops
- Art Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
A Typical Day at Safe House
Whether at Safe House Standard or Safe House Luxury, patients go through a full day of education and therapy that starts at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 9:30 p.m.
- Morning yoga and meditation followed by breakfast.
- Educational lectures followed by a group discussion on the day’s topic.
- Workbook completion and 12 step literature review post-lunch and afternoon siesta.
- One-on-one appointments with a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or counselor.
- Exercise and recreation followed by special group meetings in the evening.
- Dinner followed by personal reflection and meditation.
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
It’s always hard to embrace change but when it is good, it is for the better. Life gets used to goodness once you set priorities. Safe House amongst all other alcohol abuse treatment centers helps you to accept change in a smooth way.
Personalised, Holistic Approach
We believe that alcoholism and drug addiction is a disease and abstinence is the best way to manage the condition. Our approach is holistic, working with mind, body, and spirit, targeting a complete turnaround in behaviours and attitudes to put patients on the path to a healthy and worthwhile life. Our approach reflects aptly in our rehabilitation program.
Each Patient Is Unique, So Is Each Treatment Plan
Alcohol and drug treatment for each individual is customised at Safe House and targeted to achieve healthy recovery. Upon admission, each patient has a care team that may consist of a case manager, psychiatrist, psychologist, physician, and counsellor. Our therapists work to help you uncover underlying issues and ensure one-on-one sessions benefit your specific needs.
We rely on the fact that every patient and his/her family, who comes to Safe House for our rehabilitation program has a unique background and set of circumstances they went through. Therefore, the substance abuse treatment and plan is based upon the individual’s family history, choice of substance(s), gender, and physical health alongside various other factors.
We Treat Mental Health Issues Simultaneously
A majority of our patients have co-occurring mental health disorders, such as anxiety and depression. Safe House offers a rehabilitation program with a clinically integrated approach that treats mental health issues at the same time as addiction. If the co-occurring disorder is not treated with the addiction to alcohol and drugs, sobriety is threatened.
Gentle Taper, Medically-Supervised Detoxification
Our rehabilitation program includes a gentle taper detox program. Our medical director assesses the patient upon arrival to determine how many days of detox will be necessary and to create a detox protocol customised for the patient that will include medication and holistic methods. The objective in our detox is to keep the patient safe, comfortable, and through withdrawal symptoms as quickly and gently as possible.
While detoxification gets rid of alcohol and drugs from the human system, it also helps one’s mental state in early recovery, stabilising the body and bringing the heart to the right place. We often use cold-pressed vegetable juices to provide essential micronutrients during the physical and mental stress of withdrawal. Drug and alcohol abuse counselling becomes a vital part of this detoxification process, and the overall rehabilitation program as well.
Relapse Prevention Key to Long-Lasting Recovery
Safe House not only customises treatment whilst a patient is under our care but also prioritises a strong relapse prevention program. Our rehabilitation program recognises the importance of equipping and guiding patients through how to identify and cope with triggers, so they do not pick up drugs or drink after leaving Safe House.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of rehab programs do you offer?
In addition to withdrawal management and detoxification, Safe House Wellness Retreat engages its clients in various counselling sessions, including individual therapy, group activities, and treatment planning, depending on the nature of the problem. The core treatment activities for our rehab programme include:
- Educational presentations and workshops
- Special-focus groups
- Mental health services
- Mindfulness and relaxation practices
Our facilities are warm and welcoming, designed with your safety, comfort, and serenity in mind.
2. Does Safe House Wellness Retreat offers only Twelve Step program?
Safe House Wellness Retreat treats addictions of the following drugs:
The principles of the Twelve Step programme are the foundation of our rehab programs and services. But our treatment model also incorporates:
- Evidence-based therapies and clinical best practices
- A multidisciplinary care team consisting of addiction counselors, physicians and nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists, family specialists, spiritual care professionals, nutritionists, and wellness specialists
- A holistic approach to health and well-being, providing care for the body, mind, and spirit
- A treatment plan tailored to address your individual situation and challenges
- Recovery support services, tools, and resources
3. What is the treatment like at Safe House Wellness Retreat?
4. Does Safe House Wellness Retreat provide detoxification or other medical services?
Yes. Safe House Wellness Retreat provides detoxification and withdrawal during its treatment plan. Detoxification helps a person become stable both physically and emotionally. Safe House will make sure you have supervision and support to make withdrawal safe and as comfortable as possible. The programme also includes counselling sessions, individual therapy, group activities, and treatment planning, depending on the nature of the problem
5. Do you treat anything besides drug and alcohol addiction?
No, Safe House Wellness Retreat is specifically designed for people struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. Most people struggling with addiction also struggle with mental health issues such as depression, grief, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder. This combination of addiction and mental health conditions is quite common. Our psychologists, psychiatrists, and counselors are skilled at addressing the complexities of such problems. We offer complete and wholesome treatment, beginning with treatment planning and ending with post-treatment counselling sessions and relapse prevention programmes.
6. Will I get individual sessions with an addiction counselor?
Yes, you will get individual sessions with your addiction counsellor as per your treatment plan. But your counseling plan will include group therapy as well. Individual sessions do occur regularly with your counselor and/or various members of the interdisciplinary treatment team, depending on your initial and ongoing assessment by all treatment team members.
7. Are Safe House staff members licensed and are the programs accredited?
Yes, Safe House Wellness Retreat is a licensed drug/alcohol rehab center under the Mental Healthcare Act. All members and programmes of Safe House Wellness Retreat are licensed and accredited. We have a team of doctors and mental health experts with years of experience and credentials from top medical colleges in India.