Worrying about one’s current responsibilities and illusive future is part and parcel of existence. However, this normal worrying behaviour assumes the form of anxiety when it takes irrational control over one’s life. Such worrisome thoughts cause a person to exaggerate the consequences of mundane situations, preventing them from carrying out day-to-day activities optimally.
While having an anxiety attack may seem very debilitating at the moment it strikes, it is remediable through adequate care and proper treatment. Safe House allows patients this comfort and security to accept their fears and work towards resolving them.
What is Anxiety Disorder?
The American Psychological Association (APA) defines anxiety as an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and physical changes like increased blood pressure.
While there may not always be one definite thought or feeling that causes anxiety, it is most often associated with an overwhelming fear of the future. Since the future is uncertain and bleak, a person with anxiety may feel excessively intimidated by it. One’s inability to predict future occurrences may further lead to frustration and more anxious thoughts, forming a vicious cycle.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder
Typically, a person suffering from anxiety disorder may exhibit some or all of the following symptoms:
- Increased heart rate
- Sweating and clenching of fists
- Inability to concentrate on mundane tasks
- Twitching of muscles
- Breathing problems
- Abdominal pain, constipation and/or diarrhoea
- Avoidant behaviour
- Obsessive thoughts and OCD symptoms
- Insomnia and sleep issues
The Way Ahead With Safe House
Having an anxiety disorder can be rather dark and de-motivating for the affected person. Sometimes, anxiety co-exists with other conditions like depression, alcohol or drug addiction, process addiction etc. Situated against the backdrop of the scenic I.T. Fields at Chattarpur, Safe House is a go-to rehab centre for individuals struggling with addiction issues as well as core psychological conditions like anxiety. Have a look at some of our state-of-the-art services:
- Individual Therapy Sessions: Our psychologists and psychiatrists hail from rich academic backgrounds of mental health and rehabilitation. Their years of experience have helped them understand every individual’s specific challenges and requirements. They provide an empathetic and sensitive environment characterized by unconditional positive regard.
- Alternative Healing Techniques: Often, opening the doors to our inner worlds helps relieve underlying psychological conditions. While yoga and meditation cannot be standalone remedies, these significantly contribute to helping one attain inner peace and harmony. At Safe House, patients begin their days with yoga and meditation and end them with meditation and reflection.
- Group Activities and Discussions: Interacting with other individuals facing the same challenges can significantly boost one’s morale. Safe House conducts group discussions and educational lectures that are extremely interactive and help patients break the ice while learning.
- Nutritional Counselling: There is a direct positive correlation between the food we consume and our mental and emotional states. At Safe House, we provide extremely nutritious food catered to our patients’ individual tastes and specifications. Our comprehensive diet plans incorporate individual dietary restrictions without compromising on the taste. We provide all types of cuisines, from Indian and English to oriental and continental!
- Family Counselling Sessions: A secure and accepting family environment can make a world of difference in a patient’s life. Safe House provides extensive couple and family counselling to acquaint the patient’s family members with anxiety and its symptoms. It also guides them to accept the individual unconditionally and motivate them to bring about a change.